Smoking meat on a traditional grill can be demanding as you have to keep in-check the fuel and fire, but the best analog electric smoker solves both of these issues.
Ask any granddad of 2023, and he would consider electric smokers as inauthentic, but you have to accept that the electric smoker does some work as a typical smoker. It depends upon the skills of the user, while the smoked meat tastes the same, but the former far easy to use.
Do you love to have a barbecue but want to avoid the effort of smoking meat? Best analog electric smoker provides you a solution in which you can set temperature with an analog controller and further options to keep your meat juicy and tasty as well as minimizing the effort of smoking meat.
An electric smoker can be a digital one or an analog one. However, both are recommended more than a gas or charcoal smoker because of their safety, control, the same taste, and ease of using them. Here we are going to find out the best analog electric smoker only.
Best Analog Electric Smoker Reviewed in 2023
|Analog Electric Smoker||Rating||Price|
|Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Smoke Hollow 30162E Adjustable Temperature Control||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Landmann Smoky Mountain 26” Analog||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Masterbuilt 20070210 30-Inch Black||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Let us first go through each of the electric smokers, and in the buying guide, we will finally conclude our opinion about the best one and the most affordable one.
1. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker – Best Analog Smoker
Char-Broil is one of the most sold electric smokers on amazon because of its many perks. One of which is its three cooking grates capacity. It allows you to smoke food for your whole picnic party without keeping them waiting. The cooked food is also equally cooked with a mouth-watering taste. Let us go a bit in-depth about its features
Electric Element: Char-Broil features a 1000-watts electric element for temperature consistency, and you can increase the temperature as per requirements. The temperature gauge on the door provides accurate readings for the proper cooking of your food. The door also equips two latches to keep it sealed shut.
Capacity: The wood chip box measures 544 square inches, which are enough to cook for hours without refilling the wood. The spaciousness is also easy to put together. Three grates cooking space is also enough to smoke your BBQ for the whole family at once. These cooking grates are chrome-plated to make it further durable.
Size and Portability: Talking about its size, although this analog electric smoker is not portable and yet small enough to carry in an SUV to any picnic place. You can take it outdoor to your favorite destination for enjoying your food wherever you want.
Cleaning and Maintenance: It has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning. The Aluminized-steel water pan keeps the meat juicy even when you are simmering it.
Cooking: Anyone who uses this smoker vouches for it. It has consistent temperature management with its electric supply. You can evenly cook a whole chicken in it with no cold or hot spots.
Ease of Use: With only 16 screws to set up the whole smoker, Char-Broil makes the smoking easy while infusing the smoking taste and aroma into your food.
Char-Broil can be a perfect choice for those looking for a safe electric smoker for a medium-size family.
2. Smoke Hollow 30162E – Manual Adjustable Temperature Control
Smoke Hollow 30162E is one of many analog electric smokers built by Masterbuilt. Being not so fancy, this smoker is very easy to use and mostly recommended for beginners. We believe that Smoking food is an art, and no other smoker can teach you better than the Smoke Hollow 30162E. Let us see what makes it preferred for a novice cook.
Ease of use: It is small in size as compared to other electric smokers by MasterBuilt. It means you can carry it easily with you. Two handles at each side of the container make it further easy for transport. Instructions for the swift assembly of the smoker are also present with the package. The doors have magnetic latching to make it sealed tight and prevent smoke from leaking out.
Temperature Control: You can control temperature by choosing one of its three settings. The simple timer can turn on or off the timer based on analog knob settings. It is the only thing you will need to learn as a new cook because of the temperature changes with the type and amount of food you will be cooking. The temperature gauge at the front of the door will further help you to adjust the temperature as per the food type.
Capacity: Smoke Hollow consists of 2 cooking grids. Although it is compact yet it can handle your meat, vegetables and other food for a small group of people at the same time. If you cook one meal at a time, then the cooking grace can be roomy for the whole family.
Cleaning and Maintenance: Some may face a bit of trouble in catching all the grease. However, you can solve this problem by buying a new disposable aluminum pan for few cents. You will be able to clean that container easily, and the floor of your smoker will also remain clean.
In a birds-eye view, Smoke Hollow is a small and analog version of high-end electric smokers by MasterBuilt.
3. Masterbuilt MB20073716 – Small and Affordable
This analog electric smoker is a small and affordable version of the high-end electric smokers of MasterBuilt. This one is easier to carry and travel. It is like your best travel companion while other ones are good for using at home only. This is the second most selling Small Electric Smoker
Heating Element: Although it has a 1,400-watts heating element yet it can go as much as 250 degrees. You can also maintain the temperature in real-time with the built-in temperature gauge present in its main door. Also, this smoker has one drawback that you will have to estimate the heat, but that can easily be guessed that after a bit of experience.
Size: Not only this smoker is small, but its legs are foldable too. It is convenient for storage or transport to a nearby party. The smoker has two chrome-plated racks, just like the above ones. Just for imagining the space, you can place a chicken on each rack or maybe a turkey if you remove one of these racks.
Cleaning and Maintenance: Not only this is easy to set up and use but also easy to clean. You can clean it further by applying a 50/50 mixture of hot water and apple cider vinegar. It will make your smoker’s inner ash collecting trays shine like new.
Quality: There is no compromise in quality by MasterBuilt, but this smoker has some exceptional quality at an affordable price.
Design: It has a standard model like others with a black appearance and no-view of the inner food. The appearance and engineering behind this smoker make it a perfect look for your backyard.
Overall, it is easy to use, small, controllable, and easy to transport electric smokers.
4. Landmann Smoky Mountain 26 – Analog with Window
Smoky Mountain is the second biggest analog electric smoker in our list with three cooking grids and a 443 cooking space. Digital electric smokers can cause a hike in price, but analog electric smokers cut down this element, and Landmann Smoky Mountain 26″ is its best example.
Heating Element and Temperature: With 1500-watts heating elements, this one has the highest heating element in our list of best analog electric smokers. You can smoke everything with this smoker in a temperature range of 100 °F and 260 °F.
Design: The design features a standard black color door with a window to enjoy the view of your food. The door has one handle made with a different material to avoid hurting your hands by mistake. The other thing worth mentioning is the temperature gauge, which is similar to what you can find in other electric smokers. Wheels are not present for the legs, but the adjustable leg levers can help you adjust on an uneven surface.
Ease of Cooking: The window at the front door can give you a peek of food. You can see the entire smoking process happening right through it. It is suitable for beginners who are learning to smoke food. The three adjustable grids are present because they are all connected, so the wood chip-box has a lid on it.
Capacity: Since it is a large smoker, it has a size of 443 square inches. On average, it is enough to smoke food for a whole family at the same time.
Overall, this is a perfect choice for those who are entering into the smoking world. The window can remove your curiosity of seeing the food while smoking it.
5. Masterbuilt 20070210 30-Inch – Electric Analog Smoker
The last in the list but also the biggest one is the Masterbuilt 20070210. It is 4 inches and 57 square inches more significant than the Landmann Smoky Mountain. It can satisfy your desire to try out new many smoker recipes for beginners.
Design: Majorly, it includes three chrome-coated smoking racks in a 30 inches box with a grease pan, water pan, and a wood chip tray. The cooking area is adjustable as per requirement because of removable trays. The dual wall insulation will make sure that no heat is leaking out, and your food is evenly cooked and delicious as well.
Temperature: The temperature of the smoker can go from 100 to 400-degree Fahrenheit. This temperature range is wide enough to cook all types of food, from meat to vegetables or fish. The temperature gauge will further keep you updated about the inner temperature.
Thermostat: Furthermore, this smoker has a thermostat with its control. It makes it more like a digital electric smoker. However, it is accurate, and you will not need to check it again and again. You have to set the temperature once, and the thermostat will keep the heat in check and consistent.
Heating Element: The heating element with this smoker is 1500-watts, which is average for big size electric smoker like this. The double insulation further keeps the heat inside the container and cooks the food properly.
Cleaning and Maintenance: The smoker is easy to clean because of its removable pans. You can remove the grease pans and re-adjust them after washing them.
Last but not least, It is an excellent product for a large family who wants to use an analog electric smoker instead of a digital one.
Analog Electric Smoker Buying Guide
Digital electric smokers can give you control over your electric smoker via an app or Bluetooth, but analog ones require attention from time to time. Sill people buy them and recommend them a lot. If you are such a person, this buying guide will help you choose the perfect analog electric smoker for yourself
- Cooking Space: Make sure your smoker has at least 3500 square inches of space unless it is a small version. More space means fast cooking and fewer batches of food.
- Fire Box Space: If the firebox has a small space, then you would be stick to only one type of fuel, wood chips. But if it has a vast area, you can split woods, logs, or charcoal with it.
- Warranty: Although you cannot compromise on quality yet warranty can help you to claim in case you receive a faulty unit. Warranty can also cover delivery dents.
- Portable: It can also depend on one’s requirements. If you travel a lot, you will need to choose a small smoker which is portable and easy to set up. But if you do not visit much then, you can go for large size smoker like Masterbuilt 20070210.
Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
The one we like and recommend to you is Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker. Its 544 square inches spacious cooking grill and easy-to-use features make it a perfect choice for every type of family.
With no window, this smoker has one of the trouble-free methods to set it up with just 16 screws.
Budget-Friendly – Masterbuilt 20070210
You are blessed if money is not an issue for you, but it can be for some people. Here, smokers like Masterbuilt 20070210 can fulfill your desires at best.
This budget-friendly and low-cost electric smoker has all the features of an advanced electric smoker despite its small size.
With a low price and small size, it is portable, and you can carry it in the back of your car on your next trip.
Analog Electric Smoker FAQs?
Why Choose Analog Smokers over Digital Electric Smokers? – Digital Vs. Analog
You might have thought that a digital Electric smoker is more comfortable to use than why an analog one buys? It is because of analog electric smokers are more affordable as compared to digital one. This low price also comes at the cost of the fewer amount of functions yet the same taste of smoked meat. So, it is up to you whether you would like to spend a lot on the digital smoker or save a few bucks on analog smokers while both are having the same output.
How to Clean an Analog Electric Smoker?
Its cleaning process is similar to any ordinary electric smoker. Just take out the pans and clean them. If containers are non-removable, then you can place a removable aluminum file to catch the ash debris.
How to use the analog electric smoker?
In the analog electric smoker, you have to control it completely using the temperature knob and the temperature gauge. No other control is present. The thermostat might be available in your smoker to keep the temperature consistent. for more updates read electric smoker reviews.
- Integrated analog controls - no more plugging and unplugging components
- Three porcelain coated cooking grids, 593 sq in. Includes porcelain coated water and wood pan
- Analog meat probe included
- Complete control of smoker from 150F - 325F.
- External access to wood pan
- Three adjustable chrome-plated steel cooking grates offer a total of 505 square inches in cooking space
- 1500 watt burner provides abundant cooking power even in colder climates
- Side access wood chip loader minimizes smoke and heat loss when more wood chips are needed
- Manual-control temperature dial and stainless temp gauge allow for precise heat control and monitoring
- 548 SQUARE INCHES OF INTERIOR: The spacious 548 square inch interior means there is plenty of room to smoke a variety of meats and vegetables. The...
- THREE REMOVABLE SMOKING SHELVES: Three chrome plated steel racks can be easily removed for smoking large cuts of meat. Racks are dishwasher safe,...
- BUILT-IN THERMOMETER: Features easy-to-read thermometer on the front door for accessible monitoring of the internal temperature.
- 1500-WATT HEATING ELEMENT: Featuring a heating coil that provides the 1500-watt heating element able to produce a temperature from 100°F to 400°F...
- STAINLESS STEEL TRAYS HOLDS WOOD AND WATER: Stainless steel trays hold the wood chips and water, so clean-up is easy after use. Smoker requires wood...
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE: 457.86 sq. inches of cooking surface over 3 chrome-coated smoking racks; 1500-watt heating power with adjustable analog...
- GREASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: In addition to removable stainless steel water pan and lidded chip box, this analog electric smoker has an independent...
- VERSATILE APPLICATION: Featuring multi-functional uses, the smoker could satisfy different sorts of needs such as smoked barbecue, firewood grilling,...
- GOOD SEAL PERFORMANCE: Latch system ensures a good seal performance, cool-touch spring door handle prevents scalding, and 2-side handles for...
- HEAT-RETAINING: Double-wall construction firebox helps retain smoking temperature.